Thursday, February 9, 2012

Egg Whites, Spinach & Ham Puff

Here is my go-to breakfast:


 Ingredients:

  • 3 Egg Whites
  • Fresh Spinach
  • Ham - I use Hillshire Farms Low Sodium/Thin Sliced



First fill/overfill your microwave save bowl with fresh spinach.
Take about 1 oz of ham and rip it up into small pieces.

Add 3 egg whites.  Place in Microwave on high for 1 minute 
(my microwave is a small 700 watts, so adjust time.)


Take out and stir.  As you can see the spinach really does shrink. 
Put back in microwave for 1 minute more.

This is how it looks when it is ready.  There should be no runny egg whites.  
Take your fork and scrape the sides away from bowl.  Then turn over bowl into plate.



I serve with one of these: small apple, banana, carrot sticks, cucumber slices, salsa, etc.

Nutritional Info (per Spark People Recipe, I added my recipe to find the info)
  • Servings Per Recipe: 1
  • Amount Per Serving
  • Calories: 101.4
  • Total Fat: 0.9 g
  • Cholesterol: 15.0 mg
  • Sodium: 425.6 mg
  • Total Carbs: 4.1 g
  • Dietary Fiber: 1.0 g
  • Protein: 18.3 g












No comments:

Post a Comment